Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last Minute Sister Gifts

At the last minute I decided I wanted to make all the sister/sister in laws that I would see at christmas a present.  So a week before christmas I began franticly searching Pinterest for something I could make for cheap.  Then I thought just get over yourself, get them monogrammed note cards, at least its something.  But then all at once, or not at fast, it came to me, and I got super lucky and found four frames at Goodwill, and three quart-sized bags of legos for 6.50 each.  I sanded and painted the frames the same afternoon, I found the frames. Then used this tutorial to help me make the fabric rosettes.
  I absolutely love them, and can't wait to find another frame to make one for myself, I know exactly where I'm going to hang it.
This is the text of the photo: 

In this home...
We do second chances.
We do Grace.
We do real.
We do mistakes.
We do I'm sorrys.
We do loud really well.
We do hugs.
We do fun.
We do family.
We do love.


I have been so in love with the text for a few months.  I appreciate the idea to say its ok to make mistakes, but emphasis the sorries.  I am like giddy in anticipation to make myself one.  I'm going to make mine a little bigger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment