Monday, December 19, 2011

Teacher Gifts

 The other day at staples I was looking for christmas cards to give to my son's teachers, but they were so expensive! Then I found red thank you cards and a light bulb went off in my head! I found these printables online and made my cards.  (Isn't the internet great, people so willing to share their talents.) I thought they were perfect because the whole reason you give teachers gifts is to say thank you. 
 I ended up making more cards to give to my sunbeam parents.  It was a hard half year for me which I think the parents knew, but I wanted the parents to know I appreciated teaching the kids, because it taught me so much about our Savior's love for us.
But back to the teachers, so my son has a kindergarten teacher who teaches two half day classes so she teaches 45 student every day, then she has a full time teaching assistant, who goes to church with us and all the kids absolutely love her. So in addition to the ornaments, I also made them ruffle scarfs. There are so many tutorials out there about how to do ruffles easily.  I tried so many and none worked, I went through so much thread on the first one. It took me about 2 hours, the second one took me 15 minutes.  So easy once I figure out the best way to ruffle on my machine.  I just wadded it up and tried sewing in a straight line. Yeah like the tutorial for ruffle scarf says, I should have listened instead of trying everyone else methods. I absolutely love the one on the left and wanted to keep it for myself.  I can't wait to make myself a ruffle scarf, they are so trendy. But who knows if the teachers like them.  Oh well not my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment