Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Butterfly Cake

We had a butterfly birthday party for my three year.  The girls all go butterfly wings, and butterfly wands.  Then we ate butterfly cake.  I made it myself, from a round cake. 
  My son was very concerned about eat pink cupcakes so I made three green cupcakes, which I realized could make into a cute Caterpillar. Not to be conceded but I was surprised at how well my butterfly turned out.  Just so you know if you cut up a cake to form a new shape it is necessary, no vital to freeze your cake, do a frosting crumb coat, freeze again then frost a finished layer.
Even though she was all over a butterfly party, my daughter kept talking about hello kitty cupcakes.  I could not find any cupcake toppers with hello kitty that were actually cute, so I made my own.  They are a little large, I didn't realize that at the time. Problem is you make the cupcake toppers before the cake.
 Hooray for 3rd parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment