Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Last of the Halloween

I think this is the end of my Halloween crafts.  As mentioned my daughter is little red riding hood for Halloween, and so I'm dressing up as grandma.  I needed an old fashion sleeping bonnet, so of course I googled it.  I found the directions on how to dress up like Mrs. Claus.
You start out with a 18 inch circle, and then I changed the directions, I folded the edge of the material over two inches, so it gave me a inch wide hem.
Then I sewed bias tape on top of the hem in a circle so I could thread skinny elastic around inside.  My hat was not such perfect circle, but my bias tape was a beautiful circle, so I had to photograph.
I thought 18 inches in diameter would be too much material, but it actually turned out a tad small, but it will work for a few hours.  My daughter loves the sleeping bonnet, it could become a favorite toy after Halloween.  It fits much better on her head then mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment