Saturday, July 10, 2010

Everlasting Cupcakes

I finally finished my kids play cupcakes.  I tried to be green and reuse stuff instead of buying a $15 cupcake set.  I ended up buying two spools of ribbon and silicon baking cups, so I probably didn't succeed in being green, but I did spend less money.  If you look at the pictures closely, you can see I gave my kids a used cupcake pan.  Its cleaned but slightly stained. There are two chocolate cupcakes, two yellow cupcakes, and two white cupcakes.  Chocolate cake goes well with chocolate frosting or white frosting so then I didn't have to buy more ribbon, after using my ribbon on the shirt.  I used this tutorial, expect I used calico not felt. The most useful part, machine sewing the top on first and then hand sewing the bottom, I was trying it the other way and it didn't work.



I think the chocolate frosting is my favorite.
 
Circles are extremely hard to sew, they turn out looking like rounded rectangles.
 
My baby loves them, most kids just love the cupcake tin and silicon baking cups, I should have saved my time, my kids love silicon baking cups, they play with them for hours.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Good job on those. They really turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute!!! you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those! I think all the projects you've put up lately might have inspired me to get out my machine again and make something. It's been a slow summer craft wise.

    ReplyDelete