Monday, December 15, 2008

Home Tour

Welcome to the bloggy tour of my home. Come on in.
Right inside the door hanging on the wall, is my newest nativity. I love it, a nativity and a tree. For only $8.If you look to left you will see our fireplace. With most of our Christmas decorations, and of course stocking (I love stockings.) Which is why I made our advent calendar 24 stockings.Here are some close ups. Note the antique looking Santa in the corner.I love my new pillow nativity I made this year.Also Christmas would not be Christmas without Charlie Brown's Christmas. I have watched that movie every year since I was a kid, hence the snow globe. If I was giving someone a tour of my house, I would play the soundtrack.Then if you turn around you'll see our tree. This is the first year my husband and I have had a full size tree, let alone a real tree. So ornaments are a little sparse.
In the next corner, I set up my Fontanini Nativity. I really love that one. Along with the snow ballerina I made, and some cone trees.
Across the room on top of my pantry, is my mini ornaments that I'm afraid would be thrown away with the tree if I put them on the tree. They date back to being engaged to my husband when we were in school, and I obviously didn't have a tree in my apartment.Next up, my kitchen. Here is a close up of the clock.
I live in an old bungalow so we have a cute shelf to decorate over our sink.I love this decoration, I made everyone lists, so maybe other people don't really want what I thought they wanted. Although my son did tell me he wanted a yellow choo choo, wall-e, and halloween candy. I asked do you think you would rather christmas candy, and he said YEA! CHRISTMAS CANDY. I'm also pretty sure my newborn could careless about anything concerning the holiday.
Here is my son making Christmas sugar cookies with his grammy, in our kitchen. I made the apron this year, to have festive cooking gear.Sugar Cookies
2 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
Combined flour, confectioners’ sugar and salt and sift into bowl. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix until dough holds together. Press into ball. Wrap and chill well. Roll 1/2 of the dough at a time on lightly floured board. Cut into shapes with floured cookies cutters. Arrange 1” apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes. Cool cookies on racks.

Since my son is almost three Christmas is obviously very magical. (Back in september he saw a picture of Santa Claus and told me who it was, we hadn't mentioned Santa for the previous 9 months.) But also much of it is very breakable, so I've tried to give him Christmas stuff to touch. Here is the tree downstairs (the same handme down one we have used the previous 3 years of marriage, pretty sorry looking). My son decorated the tree which is why most of the ornaments are at the bottom. He also painted some of them.
Plus the santa that is on the other side of the door, and the snow globe nativity from his grandma, which is surprising durable.He also has some christmas in his bedroom. Like the stocking my sister made me in home ec, and santa's red long johns.Plus two more nativities on his dresser. I love how he matched up wiseman for wiseman, mary for mary, etc. The lambs, and donkey are by far the most favorite pieces.the end...
BooMamaChristmasTour

No comments:

Post a Comment