Friday, September 21, 2012

Mod Kids

While my mom was here for the new baby, we stopped at the small quilt shop in my town and bought mod kid dolls on clearance. They had a finished dolly and my daughter asked to buy them. They were printed on the material and you had to sew them up.  It seemed like an easy job.  Not really I'm not quite sure when I'm going to learn that sewing dolls is never easy.  Then we made them little dresses from this pattern. We used fleece for their dresses so we wouldn't have to hem any seams. 
Hopefully one day she will play with them.  For some reason she doesn't play with homemade dolls until they have sat in her room for at least three months.  Today she did get jealous when a friend was over and wanted to play with them, I guess that is a good sign that one day my mom's work won't be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment