Thursday, September 8, 2011

Girly Lamp

Years ago I bought three lamps in a set.  Two table lamps and a floor lamp.  For three years, I had this ugly glue stain on one of my lamp shades.  I could never really turn it completely to the wall because then the seam on the shade showed.  (See bottom of the lamp shade.)
 So I decided to dress it up for my daughter.  There are a lot of girly DIY lampshade embellishments out there online, but I went with my own, because it was free, and a little less over the top than most.
 A year or two ago, I bought a big bag of lace for $5 at a ghetto fabric store, so making this lamp didn't even dent my collection.  I sewed the lace so I could gather it, then glued gunned it on the lamp. Took less time than nap time.
Its a little too girly for my taste, but it goes well with the bedroom, and I never have to see the glue stain again! The plain shade was a little plain for the room, and I didn't want to buy a new shade since I made this for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment