Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So Excited-- pretty cupcake tops

I found a tutorial somewhere online, I can not remember for the life of me where. I've spent a lot of time searching random blogs now that TV shows aired their season finales, I know I have a pathetic life while my husband is an MBA student. Anyway, the tutorial was a movie that showed how to make pretty cupcakes like this. I always thought I could do it, but hadn't tried. The other day I bought a bigger tip, now that I knew what size to buy thanks the the Wilton site, and tried it out.
I added sprinkles but didn't remove my son's artwork from the background. He made that bracelet especially for me!
I had signed up to bring a desert for a scout fundraiser, my husband was out of town so I didn't attend, but I did drop of the cupcakes. Since I wasn't making them for my kids, I did chocolate cream cheese frosting, thanks to Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. Ahh, I love chocolate cream cheese, but my son doesn't. I did tell them it was cream cheese, no one who doesn't love cream cheese should suffer that shock unaware. I saved some from the batch for me, and my daughter, she loves cream cheese too.

I heard later that not a single dessert went for under $10. Or maybe $20, I can't remember, if his wife wasn't allow to spend more than 5 or 10. Anyway, it made me feel good, I was afraid people wouldn't want to buy my cupcakes. I was actually glad I wasn't there to suffer such insecurities, but also glad to hear that my cupcakes sold for store bought value.

No comments:

Post a Comment