Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reversible Necklace

This is my latest necklace. I made it with lapis beads, and a few turquoise beads mixed in. The charm came from Israel, my dad picked it out of me. It is reversible. Stars on one side, and...

I think its a Muslim symbol for the third eye on the other side.
Just kidding its not.
This is what the piece of paper that came with it said,
"The HAMSA: Meaning five in Arabic, the hand-shaped Hamsa is a talisman that can be hung on a wall, worn as a pendant, or be put on a key ring to ward off the evil eye. Originating in Saudi Arabia, it represents the hand of Fatima, daughter of the Prophet Mohammed. She is revered by Muslins, who believe she can protect them from misfortune. This talisman was adapted by Middle Easter Jews, and was gradually accepted by Jews of different origins."

I am very pleased with how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous neck, who did you put it on when you took the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop looking at Lesli's neck!

    Nice necklace, I like the little light blue ones on the side.

    ReplyDelete