Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Needing a second opinion.

I'm in the process of making a quilt out of cords, and pajama pants. I need a second opinion.
Should I make the blanket, 4x7 basically really skinny.
Should I make it 5x5, which basically makes it an oversized baby blanket
Or should I make it 5x6, which would make it a good size blanket for a growing 2 year old.
But I'm short two blocks, the two pairs of pants ran out of material. But I'm planning on putting yellow cord border around the blocks before the binding, I could add two yellow blocks in the blanket. I don't know what to do please give me advice. Leave a comment, on what way looks the best. Or if you are a reader who doesn't leave comments email me. Something, I need advice.



Here is what the material looks like close up. The green pants where Kim's hopefully she approves of how I butchered her pants.

6 comments:

  1. I approve.

    My opinion: put yellow cord around each of the squares, as a spacer between them. That will give you added space too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Grant is a walker actually a runner he has been for 2 /2 months now he is crazy. Anyway I like the 5 by 5 one I think yellow blocks would throw me off but it would stil look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Think the bigger not longer and not baby size is better for kids that are older.

    I think just leaving a whole where the two missing squares should be would be great for peekaboo. JK

    kims idea about the yellow inbetween is a great idea...or two yellow squares is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not fond of most yellow colors, so I would leave the yellow out entirely unless it was one of those rare good yellows. But you weren't asking our opinion on that. I like the bigger one. You could fill the two missing squares with some some embroidered blocks. They could be wise old proverbs about bees, or Kim facts about bees, or some real facts about bees, or some warnings about how you should be nice to bees or they will come and get you while your napping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blanket would be really cute with yellow through out to border the squares. I want to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree, with the embroidery. I already planned to do that, so the two supplement squares didn't look plain next to the rest. Its already almost all sewn so I'm not adding yellow in between the squares, that too high tech of quilting for me, I wouldn't really even know how to go about it.

    ReplyDelete