Monday, March 3, 2008

My hubby's favorite.

I referred to my husband late birthday meal, in this post. Referred is the key word, the post was not about the meal, I just referenced Swiss Chicken. Here is the recipe:

Swiss Chicken
2 thin slices Swiss Cheese
4 chicken cutlets (1/4” thick)
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. butter or margarine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 tsp. dried oregano

Cut each cheese slice in half; place 1 half on top of each cutlet. Starting with a short end, tightly roll up cutlets, jelly-roll style. Tie securely with string.
On wax paper, combined flour pepper, Mix well. Add cutlets; toss gently to coat.
In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cutlets; cook, turning frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
Add broth, juice and dried oregano to skillet. Increase heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 –12 minutes. Place on a serving plate; remove strings. Serve with rice.


This was the meal I first made Brent when we were dating. Coincidence that it is his favorite? I think not, turns out my husband is highly sentimental. By the way, I was not one of those girls that cooked for him because we were dating and I wanted to impress him. He was spending the weekend at my parent's house, and my mother was out of town which meant the cooking was divided between my father and me. I cooked Sunday, he cooked Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment