Sunday, February 22, 2015

More Dessert

I've only had a few birthdays of late, so I decided to make some extra cakes, know just for the heck of it.
Just kidding, I visit teach two ladies who have birthdays two days apart this week, so I made them some chocolate cupcakes with chocolate creme cheese frosting. This cake it so yummy and I've gotten a lot of compliment on this chocolate cake.
Then for book group I volunteered to make a cake to help out the host. I made a lemon cake with lemon pudding frosting. This is also a very yummy cake that also gets lots of compliment. I decided to go with lemon because we read Persuasion by Jane Austen and I thought lemon cake is something you would have for tea.
When I'm not making cakes I'm making cookies.
I feel like I've put in my 10,000 hours with my chocolate chip cookies. I haven't actually put in that much time into them, but if I do say so myself I get SOOooo... many compliment on my mint chocolate chip cookies. Normally I use a tablespoon cookie dough scoop. It makes making cookies delightful and they come out perfect with airbake cookie sheets. But I wanted to making some BIG cookies, so I used my ice cream scoop, eyeballing it I would say its two tablespoons worth. The big cookies were SO much better. It was like getting a cookie at a restaurant but yummy and soft. I would like to find something that makes EVEN bigger than two tablespoon worth cookies.

2 comments: