Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Book #1

I only have a million and half projects to do before August.  Nothing like a baby to get my crafting in high gear.  Some of the projects for children who were born years ago.  Like three baby books for my daughter.  What?  Three baby books is over load, I agree but my son has three and I feel obligated to meet the challenge.  He has a baby book, that you fill out and glue the pictures, that I did not finish until after the second baby was born.  He has a baby calendar where you know I recorded important events, and he has a small 3-d 6 page scrapbook that I gave him before his sister was born, so he wouldn't feel TOO slighted by the new baby. Which you can see at that previous link.  Well I'm not that far, I still have to completely fill out my daughter's baby book, and make her small scrapbook (she absolutely LOVES her brother's book). But I at least got the pictures glued in her baby calendar.  The baby calendar is the easiest because I already filled it all out her first year, I just had to glue in pictures.  Tah-dah!  I feel so accomplished.
Don't you hate when as far as you can tell the picture is completely rotated correctly, and then it uploads sideways!



Have no fear I already bought this new baby a baby book and a baby calendar, so I wouldn't give up.  I think I have a sickness. I find it important to over chronicle their first year of life, so I give up on the next five years. Actually I made an important decision years ago, to not do anymore for my son until after his 5th birthday, I've been spending the last 14 months deciding what to do now.  I think I've decided. His generation will never have any printed photographs.  My husband once said their generation will be like our great grandparent's, they'll be happy to have three pictures from their whole life.  I was originally going to make a photobook, from snapfish or shutterfly, or winkflash, but I changed my mind. I'm going to print up a couple hundred photos, or maybe just 50 from the first five years, and put them in an old school photo album.  So in twenty years when he gets married he actually has real live photographs. Plus it will be easy enough to keep up with for all my kids over the years, and more cost effect then photobooks.  We have family photo books for every year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment