Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Princess Cape

My son's cape has thankfully made a resurgences, and this has fascinated my daughter, so it was high time to make her one of her own.  I have only been planning on it for about two years.  I had material sitting waiting for me, but unfortunately I forgot to bring it to Texas, so we bought new stuff at walmart.  Can I just say I'm jealous my mom's walmart has fabric.  Our does not, plus I live in a small town, its 40 minutes to JoAnns! Crafts, Sams, and my OB, are the only reason I leave my small town.
 I will point that my mom made the majority of this project, while I was busy napping, and feeling generally pregnant.  Maybe she did everything other than cut the interfacing.
I used the crown pattern from the same site as we made J's cape from, but used this pattern for the cape this time.

Never miss an opportunity to look fabulous. By the way one of the tings I love about my daughter is she has great expressions all from her eyes.
A quick story: While my mom and I were working, my husband said, you guys are sure spending a lot of time on this cape.  I said, I spend no more or less time on anything I make for the kids.  This is a completely normal amount of time.  He seems to be genuinely surprised at how much effort I spend on projects for my children.  Sure it was actually my mom's time this time, but nonetheless, the point is true.  I put great care into making lovely things for my children. I would rather spend 3 hours for a nice finished project, then 40 minutes on crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment