Before we started working on the butterfly robot, this is what we were doing.
Making Sulfurix the Lego Rock Monster, from Power Miners.
They helped a bit but overall I was very lost on where to start. I have only ever sewed a halloween costume.
- We ended up making sandwich board costume.
- I cut the cardboard the size of my child.
- I painted the cardboard, with left over beige sample paint
- Then I covered it in yellow cellophane, twice so it would be brighter.
- Then I cut, and folded/molded cardboard rocks.
- Spray painted them gray.
- Glued them, lets hope they stay, fingers crossed.
- For the helmet I used a left over ice cream bucket, and cut the front to resemble the teeth.
- My friend helped me paper mache it.
- Then Spray painted it gray
- I cut the eyes from construction paper, and the red is crayon, then I mod podged them on the bucket.
By the way we didn't make lego hands, because how could he hold his candy if was holding lego hands.
I have to say, I ended up enjoying using the box cutter, and shaping the cardboard.