Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Me

I don't know if this is a family blog post, or a me as a crafter post, so it ended up both places...sorry....it is slightly different.

You can't really tell from this picture, but yesterday morning, I spent a LOT of time, decorating for my son's birthday party. I used two packages of streamers, yellow and gray, in not a very large area. I didn't want to save any, so I used the entire packages of both. In the middle of things, my husband came out of "his office" (our bedroom) and sat on the recliner, watching me. He started to laugh under his breath. I said "what?" Smiling, he replied, "You don't ever do things half way do you?" My style is over the top, which explain the multitude of things on this blog, millions of blankets for my kids, home made toy/dolls, halloween costumes without patterns, cookies, cookies, and more cupcakes than anyone should make in a month, I have a tendency to be a little extreme/obsessive. (Oh lets not the forget the 20 page quietbook I hand embroidered, and finished in less than a month.) But that is why my husband is perfect for me, my over indulgence doesn't overwhelm him, he just stays in the background smiling. At the same time I'm not a perfectionist, I have no desire to be spent the time to be a professional baker, sew as well as a sweatshop worker, or be an award winner quilter. That is not me, I just want to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment