Saturday, July 21, 2007

With the girls

I just got called to be Activity Days leader, for our activity, we were made votive holders for our moms for our mother daughter activity. These are mine:

I know so seasonal.
I'm not planning to send them to my mom. What they are is baby food jars covered in tissue paper. I think they turned out pretty good. I wasn't planning to make a jack o lantern in July, but I just couldn't bare to pick a pretty pastel color like everyone else, so I picked orange. And then one thing let to anther, and the next thing I knew I was making a set of three Halloween decorations. They will look great on my windowsill in just 3 short months. Really this is just the type of girl I am, making Halloween decorations in the middle of the summer.

5 comments:

  1. Dang, now I'm thinking about Halloween costumes, I don't want to think about them till halfway through October...I don't like Halloween.

    Josh makes a great alien, he takes after his Anti-Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, Nah-Nah, Nah. Don't run, We are your Friends!!! Nah, Nah-Nah, Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love achievement day girls!!! You are so lucky. What a fun calling. Just think of all the projects you can do and the girls can just do them with you!
    I am glad they aren't mean girls like you growing up. (ha Ha ha)
    Maggie will be 8 in Nov. and I don't want her to go to AD because she has a plethora of mean girls in our primary. I hope we move before then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He isn't pretending to be an alien, he is training to be an astronaut. It takes incredible intelligence and skill to be selected as one. In fact the odds of becoming an astronaut according to some statisticians is 12,100,000 to 1. Now we just have to watch his progress to see if he becomes an astronaut or if he allows the person who is 1 in 12,099,999 to fulfill his/her dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The question is will Josh becoming an astronaut fulfill his dreams, or fulfill his father (better known as anonymous)'s dreams.

    ReplyDelete