Sunday, August 19, 2012

Last for a while

 I have very conscientious babies.  They don't come until I finish my crafts.  My daughter came three days late, and I think it might have been because it took that long to finish the Christmas crafts that year (she is a  December birthday).
I spent months agonizing how to style wise fit a baby into my 6 year old's bedroom.  I didn't want to turn it into a baby nursery, and make him the visitor, but yet I did want the crib to "fit" in the whole scheme.  This is what I came up with, after searching pinterest many many times.
Unfinished quilt blocks that I am going to put on the wall above the crib.  The yellows are left over from the bunting over the window. The rest of the fabric was also left overs, so the project was FREE. I think the animals are an odd mix.  I would have liked to do all exotic zoo animals, which would have fit with the circus theme of bunting, but I wanted my older son to actually like the animals I was hanging on his walls.  So that is why the fish and the bunny got squares.  The giraffe was one of the few mammals my son actually enjoyed watching at the zoo, and the elephant, well he doesn't mind them, and I love them.
A close up.  I just used heat and bond for the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment