Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Worst Project

I bought a used swing for my daughter, I spent $30 on it.  I really liked it, its a great swing, I like that the chair is not hard plastic chair with a cover on it but instead a hammock style chair, unfortunately the music selection is terrible. Its a Graco Lovin Hug. Unfortunately for this time around the swing is pink, and I'm having a boy.  I thought about getting a unisex covered swing, but at the consignment store I bought it at this was really the nicest swing at the price. Well three years ago, my husband wanted to get rid of it, but it was such a nice swing, and it folds up, and long story short, I never got rid of it.  
There are so many pins about recovering your carseat, I thought great, I'll just recover the swing.  It was terrible, it was a terrible craft.  It was not fun, but I'm grateful that its now blue, and it only cost $7, but it was so not fun.  And please do not come over to my house, and look at my stitches, if you look hard I'm sure you'll see pink.

Actually now that its done, I'm glad I didn't get rid of the swing, our baby consignment store is expensive, and we haven't had much time for garage sales this summer.  The project took about two movie lengths.

If I ever have another girl I can unpick the blue and it will go back to pink.  But if I have a girl, then a boy, he might just have to stick with pink, I don't think I could ever do this again, then again, isn't that like having a baby. I didn't unpick any part of the original swing, I just sewed up on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment