My son is doing school every week day this summer. Well maybe not everyday, if we have something planned for the morning we'll skip it, and for other reasons. Want to know the main reason he is doing school work all summer, it has nothing to do with the statistic that he will lose 30% of his knowledge over the summer. It has to do with he drives me crazy when his life is unstructured. He cries, and whines, and so he is DOING school. He is too precocious for our own good. This is what I came up with a school jar.His dad decided he could do math worksheet to earn new books. Yes, we have a reader on our hands, but he also likes to do math too. Each worksheet is worth a quarter.
Would you like to know what my son has to do this summer?
- Writing Page (Describe ___ use at least 4 sentences) He does not like this assignment, hopefully him picking the topics will help.
- Reading what he chooses, and then telling me the summary, and main idea
- Bridge Book (a workbook we bought from school)
- Learn to Tie Shoes
- Debate my husband came up with this (this is he gives me 5 pro or cons of the a topic, for example why is it good to play outside) (We are working on explanation and comprehension this summer. We know he is comprehending but his teacher will want evidence he is understanding, so he needs to work on explaining.)
- Dictionary my husband came up with this. He has a elementary school dictionary, he will have to look up a word, write how to spell the word, and what the word means. Hopefully as the summer goes on he can summarize the definition instead of copy.
- Math worksheets
- Science, I haven't really planned what this means yet, but he loves science
- Maybe I should add, practice riding a bike. Especially the two wheeler not the training wheel one. Then again any pedaling motion he does, I am relieved about. No scooter allowed.