Sunday, January 22, 2012

Birthdays

Whew, the middle of February is a busy time for our family, and I like things over the top. I'm trying to plan it so I know what to do eat day.
We have Valentines and my husband's birthday, then two days later is my son's birthday.
So part of me wants some sort of homemade valentine's treat for my kids, and then I need a dessert for my husband's birthday.  I think we'll make cookies the weekend before.
Then for my husband's birthday we would preferably a strawberry dessert.

I will probably attempt his mom's strawberry pie, he always tells me I didn't make it right, but over the years I've realized I'm ok with that, his mom deserves to be glorified by him. (And in his defense, I do change it from time to time.)
For the first couple of years I always told him I wanted to make it for his birthday, and he always told me it wasn't strawberry season.  Well this year I've decided who cares, globalization has made valentine's strawberry season, so who cares.
The following day I need to make something for my son to take to school, the next morning and he does not really like cake. Luckily I can make the treat this year.  I was thinking I wanted to make chocolate chip sandwich cookies, but maybe they'll just get plain cookies
Source

The for his birthday, I was still thinking the chocolate chip cake, but will he get chocolate chip overloaded?  I don't know, he never has before.
source
But may its too hard to do all this in a week, so I'm thinking this would be a good idea for his birthday.  My husband says it sounds gross, but I know my son will love it.
Source
All it is ice cream sandwiches and whipped cream frozen, I know my son will love it.
What do you think, chocolate chip cookie ice box cake, or Easy Ice Cream sandwich cake?

Then the following day we'll have his friend party, what to make what to make, for a child who doesn't really like cake?
Source
How about this chocolate chip cookie bowls with ice cream on top?  I'm thinking ten 5-6 year olds will think it is fun, and my son will love eating it.
But instead maybe I'll make a giant chocolate chip cookie, and serve ice cream after we cut it up for the kids.  The giant chocolate chip cookie is probably more exciting to kids than cookie bowls. The last time I made my son a giant chocolate chip cookie he didn't really like it, but that's because the recipe didn't put enough chocolate chips in it. If I got m&m baking chips he would really like that, although I wouldn't.

He wants chocolate dipped oreos, which is my own fault, but I don't really know how and I don't really have the energy to learn in the next four weeks.
What do you think?  Chocolate chip cookie bowls, or giant birthday cookie?
I'm thinking I'll go easier, then hard on each one.  If I only had event I would go over the top.
But I think the ice cream sandwhich icebox cake, and the giant cookie. My plan for his school birthday, is to make the cookies ahead of time and freeze them.
Oh on top of this I'm assistant room mom, and I think I'm in charge of the valentine's party in kindergarten.  Plus my son's birthday is the 100th day of school, so we also have to do something to bring in for 100th day.  Whew, are you tired just reading this post?
Good think I'm obsessive planner or none of this would get done.
And at one point I thought wanted to throw my husband a birthday party because its his 30th!
Although that still sounds appealing, maybe an open house the weekend before!?
It would be super fun if we rented a ping pong table, but I'm sure that is not in the budget.
Please readership I know most of you don't post, tell me your opinions and advice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing such a nice information, The thing is that going perfectly here. That's truly good, keep up writing...You get more succeed.
    Commercial snow cone machine

    ReplyDelete