Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cover Up

Above the door in my daughter's bedroom the paint was chipped and there was some large holes in the dry wall, so I figured it was cheaper to make a sign for above the door than repaint the whole room.  I bought a sign at Ross for $3, because that was cheaper than buying a new board at a craft store. Then sanded off the previous phrase and painted with left over latex paint from painting other rooms. I picked light green because she has quite a bit in her room, from the backing of the flower clip board, to her baby quilt, to one of the layers of tulle in her dust ruffle.  To see more pictures of her room.
 The lettering is by far perfect, because I free handed it.  Partly because this was suppose to be a low cost project, but mostly because I have no access to anyone who does vinyl lettering and partly because I wanted it to look unique. I had to hang it on wire because the previous plaque had holes for wire.
I think it turned out pretty cute.  Its sanded a bit for the shabby chic look, but the picture does not show that.  The phrase is, "Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."  Sure my daughter is barely a baby anymore, but I thought it was fitting, since I want her to stay two forever, and we still do quite a bit of rocking her, because she loves to be wrapped up in her blankets and held. Not to mention I still think of my 5 year old as my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment