Monday, August 9, 2010

GoldBug Cake

My brother's birthday is coming up, so I made a cake for him yesterday. His favorite cake is lemon, so I decided months ago when I saw one on the internet that I wanted to make him a goldbug cake. Yellow frosting is so fitting for a lemon cake. If you don't know who Goldbug is from Richard Scarry's Busytown is, you missed out in your childhood. Unfortunately I can't link you to my muse, because I can't find it in google images.  But I did find this fine number, and I'm so jealous of this girl for thinking of it first. I first found that cool shirt when I was making goldbug the stuff animal.
I did goldbug for my adult brother, because J is too old for goldbug at this point, and N is a girl and might never find it cool. I wasn't even half way done with goldbug, when my husband glanced over and said, hey you doin' goldbug? There is a reason I love that man. But this is a picture of not my husband but my brother.
I loved the cake so much, I'm almost sad its tasty and we ate it. Which is why we have pictures, so I can always remember how cute my goldbug cake was.
In honor of the cake, N babe held the goldbug toy all through dinner.  She had just woken up from a nap and was quite lethargic.

No comments:

Post a Comment