Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Too personal


Sometimes I feel like making presents for people is too personal. My cousin is about to get married, to a girl I have never met. Part of me feels obligated to make her a present, because she is family. Obligated is the wrong word, I also have no idea what to buy them. Her shower is on saturday so I started making her a clock. I feel like this is way too personal of a persent to give her something i have made when I don't even know her. Here is a conversation I had with my hubby about it.
Le says:
i think maybe Candice will hate her clock, i don't know if i should finish making it, maybe candice hates them on clocks or maybe she hates flowers, it has a flower on it
Le says:
i've never met her how can i know what she likes
brent says:
just finish making it and let her decide
brent says:
you aren't forcing her to put it up
brent says:
maybe she will love it and has never gotten something like this
brent says:
maybe she would prefer to get some joke used granny panties, but that isn't for you to decide
brent says:
you give her what you give her and don't worry about if she likes it or not

The problem is... who wants to invest time into making a present if the person isn't going to like it. Although I guess the same goes with investing money in a present. As far as I know they don't have a registry. I guess I'll just have to finish it and not worry about it.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should try making granny panties/clocks...I would put it up in the Bathroom!

    I love the clock...FINISH IT!

    ReplyDelete