Friday, July 11, 2014

Pink Boy's Room

I have my second son in my daughter's pink room.  I had regrets painting the room pink even before I painted it.  That's a story for a different time, which I think I've blogged about in the past. Anyway.  My 5 year old and my 1 year old share a room, for now.  Even though the wall is pink, his corner isn't TOO bad for a little boy.  I found the temple print on pinterest.

For months I wanted pictures over my daughter's bed that matched. I never could find anything on pinterest so I ended up making my own. Now you are probably wondering why I used ghetto oak frames, because the crib, the bookcase, the dresser and the floor boards are all oak.  
 The Child of God isn't the best, but it works. I LOVE the Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. The sun is the design from Tangled.  Even though she hasn't been a sunbeam for two years she still loves the song. (My oldest has refused to sing the song since he aged out of the class.) Overall I'm not sure I even like this.  But you know the cost of this project was free! Its been a long time since I've been happy with this room, overall we have TOO much junk!
I also remade the wreath, but I can't find an original, it was pink. It was too much pink.
 Here it is seeing both sides.
I use to have darling white sheer curtains that went to the floor, but those don't block the sun and this room faces east.  So now my window looks a little top heavy.  It use to look perfect....
I also wish I had a different light.  But you know, I've been pondering what to put there for three years.  The room probably needs a fan.

Here is some history on the room,
one
two 
three
four



No comments:

Post a Comment