Saturday, December 12, 2009

Princess Cake

For some strange reason I decided to make a fancy cake for a one year old. I know the logical thing to do would have been to make easy cupcakes, but yet the castle was calling my name. It knew even though I didn't think I would be good with a daughter, I am having way too much fun making princess cakes, putting my daughter in dresses and buying dolls. Oh don't forget ruffles. Anyway, here it is. I'm hesitant to post it, because it is quite pathetic looking. I got lazy, and didn't feel like spending two hours, covering the cake in green frosting vines, or pipping around the edges, so I put candy on it and called it done. The kids were excited about it, and that's all that matters.
This is one of her favorite toys, a Baby Gund Princes Playset. It has green vines on the sides. So I was going to copy that sort of, except mine was round (I wanted a 6 inch cake pan). I have a bowl of white frosting sitting in the fridge waiting to be turned blue. But she liked it all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment