Monday, July 14, 2008

Did I mention...

A few weeks ago my mom was at my house for two days. She was very busy during that time. I was planning to make the skirt but she made it for me, to accommodate my expanding waist line so I don't have rent.

I made this with the remaining material. I wonder if it was ok to post pictures of both, but White Elegance Website has similar pictures, so I decided it was fine. Click on the picture to see a close up of what the material looks like.
Close up of the lace and flower. I asked my husband if it was too gaudy, and he said what, its all white. So I figured it was fine.
I didn't want knee high stocking hanging out my dress, so instead we added a gusset. I love that part, it makes me feel so polished.

She also sewed the border on the blanket I made for my children. She and my aunt tied the blanket, while I thread the needles. It was like the olden days when the women all help to get the quilt done.

No comments:

Post a Comment