Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A girl's best friend

I am a girl who likes sparkly things. That is why my diamond engagement ring is often not enough. Five years ago a bought a bracelet like this:

except mine was only about 5 bucks, and it doesn't have a clasp on the back, it is elastic that why you know it is high quality. I actually bought it to wear to prom but took it off after pictures because it was snagging my dress, high quality I know. But it is great I often wear it with a tshirt and shorts just because its looks so fabulous. For my graduation from college, my grandma sent me money this is what I got with it:

I'm wearing it right now, it is so fabulous! Of course it also is not real, my grandma wouldn't send me that kind of cash, nor would my husband let me blow it on diamonds. Which is why I didn't get this ring as an engagement ring, although I would have love it:

Instead, my husband and I agreed on something a little less flashy a little less expensive. I couldn't get the picture to work, it is a radiant cut diamond, in a trellis setting. I don't expect my audience to really know what that means, but just know inside I do. Lets just say I love the ring, probably more than the ring pictured above. We would have had to go into debt to buy the three stone ring, and as it were my husband paid cash for the ring on my finger. This is what my wedding band looks like:

Also something my husband didn't really want to get, he didn't really think I need two rings, but that fact that I have 4mm of rings on my finger, always makes the day fabulous. Plus it good for my husband. Without fail whenever I get mad at my husband, I accidentally see my rings, and then I forgive him quickly because he did spend two grand to make me happy. What can I say a girl's gotta have her glam.

2 comments:

  1. When I got married, we bought celtic knot rings, that turned our fingers green and cost a total of $20. Eventually, I said I wanted something that I could wear all the time...silly me...I never wear it now. I was ticked at how much my husband spent on it, but he got it for me for Christmas as a gift and so I felt like it wasn't a good idea to be mad (although I still am). I compromised and got something less expensive and we also got him a band to wear. I'm just not the jewelry wearing or loving type. This is what your husband is probably used to; all my sisters are like this, so this is why he probably looks at you sideways when you talk about bling. Don't worry he loves you anyway, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got my necklace in the mail, it had a card in the box that said, "Congratulations on your exquisite taste" And I thought you know you are right, I do have exquisite taste.

    ReplyDelete