Monday, November 10, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

I made a pumpkin patch for my kitchen counter. My kids helped, Nat painted the stems and J made the leaves. They are made from old soup cans and scrapbook paper. The kids were so proud of the additions. 
What I really wanted was 2x4 block pumpkins. But that would have required me to buy wood and then ask my husband to cut to for me. And I really didn't want to buy wood, because I'm trying to save my money. Plus these were far easier, they took me about 10 minutes to cut and tape the paper, and since I only spent $1.50 on paper (scrapbook paper is expensive) I won't feel bad throwing them out. Painting wood is many more steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment