Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pirate Maps

When your mommy sews a lot of your life, you want her to sew you things. Not to mention you don't realize its not cool to want to buy material yet, so you want to get some for yourself. But you don't actually like going to the fabric store and cry when you pull in the parking lot, and sometimes just mention as we drive past that you don't want to go there today. Anyway, so we have pirate material, because it is what my son picked out a year ago. There is only so long, I can handle an unsewed frayed fat quarter so eventually (months ago) it got made into a pirate map. Arg! Mateys.
While at my mom's house during the great sewing extravaganza. My son picked our more pirate material. Arg Mateys. This map is smaller. He likes to try to teach his friends how to play pretend games with pirate maps, but they don't get it, I've realized all those hippy parents are right.  Wooden toys, cloth toys are different, they require a different skill set.  But don't worry my kids have plenty of plastic toys, so they blend in with the rest of the world. And don't you fret you non sewing non crafty moms, I have seen no difference in playing with store bought wooden and cloth and homemade.
Yes, those are the manly versions  of dolly blankets. They also double as great old bunny blankets. As does the dog dolly blanket. I'm pretty sure my daughter has more than enough dolly blankets and pillows. We don't iron dolly blankets, although I do occasionally launder them.

But if its one thing my kids love its little pillows. They would love to have their beds full of pillows of various sizes all outfitted with material they pick out.  My husband would claim they get that from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment