Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Blankets

My daughter still likes to sleep like a burrito. Since its warming up I thought I'd make some light blankets. They are super easy, I bought two pieces of a yard and quarter, light calico cotton, and hemmed both of them, and then I had two large light weight baby blankets. You could probably make these blankets without any sewing if you knew how to use hem tape. Here is the finished product. Fancy I know.

Here she is modeling the blanket.
Here is the second blanket, being modeled.
They were patterned after this blanket that was created many a years ago.

This is a sewing project for a beginning sewer. Since all you have to do is take your iron and fold the edges of the material over twice so you don't see any raw edges, pin for convenience and sew. I always get compliments on these three blankets, because they are big, soft, light and versatile. Anyone who has shopped for babies know that the only lightweight blankets available in stores are barely bigger than 28 inches by 28 inches, incomparison to these which are about 45 inches by 45 inches, depending on the size of the hem. I spent $3 on each piece of material, and about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment